Community Council report on masterplans

Please sign in to watch this feature

Not a member? Create your free account now!

Community Council report on masterplans

Helensburgh Community Council reports back on results of their survey into public opinion of plans for the town.

Carole Spencer - Thursday 23rd February 5:16pm

I am really pleased that Waitrose have been given the go-ahead! I feel that the current supermarkets are too small & unable to compete with the stock availiability or pricing of what Dumbarton or further afield has on offer. I look forward to this change & no longer having to do a 40+ mile round trip almost every week for groceries & pet food. I have always used many of the towns smaller shops & feel that I will do so more often having more free time & less money wasted on fuel.

David McEvoy - Tuesday 24th January 10:34pm

I am afraid Darrel Hendry, or HCC hasn't got a clue what the public want in Helensburgh. 600 people is a dismal result for a town that has around 20,000 people in it. This amounts to about 3% of the whole town, hardly a convincing argument. It is perfectly plausible that the other 97% want a supermarket on the pier.

David McEvoy - Tuesday 24th January 10:34pm

I am afraid Darrel Hendry, or HCC hasn't got a clue what the public want in Helensburgh. 600 people is a dismal result for a town that has around 20,000 people in it. This amounts to about 3% of the whole town, hardly a convincing argument. It is perfectly plausible that the other 97% want a supermarket on the pier.

View all Comments sign in to leave a comment
More Stories